Creamer and Sugar

Life to me, is like creamer and sugar. The more I add to my coffee, the tastier it gets. I love my life and I am grateful with my blessings. Each day is special, each moment is precious. Carpe diem.

Monday, February 28, 2011

My first own made cosmetic pouch

I've always wanted to learn sewing, not clothes but my own bags and cosmetic pouches. In my line of business, I need samples for each of my projects. I design them as per my clients' preference and have samples made by my factory.  Sample-making along takes 3-4 days plus shipment, normally its between 10-12 days before it reaches my client which is a normal time line. But now, I can sew on my own! I actually bought some materials, buttons, zippers and etc since last year and had planned to take up sewing lesson. Didn't get around to accomplish it then due to my tight schedules.Thanks to my dear friend Linda who gave me a `crash course' last week. First, I did the basic of sewing straight lines and the zig zag.  Then, she had me sewn `tiny' pants and long sleeve shirt ; size that fit a tiny toy:)- so cute. And then, I made my cosmetic pouch.  Sewing the cotton fabric with a 4mm thickness of sponge in between lining, folding it inside out, the process was simply amazing as at certain moment, I almost could hardly believe I was making it my own. It was truly awesome. I really enjoyed it. Look forward to sew more, that's the plan. So kind of you, Linda, thank you so much for teaching me.  Now, I am sourcing for a sewing machine that can sew all types of materials; fabric, leather, pvc, denim and etc. Investing on a good machine is a must.

2 comments:

  1. Love it! Now you can go wild sewing your samples :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan,

    Your web is so beautiful. It gives out a very warm and sweet feelings. I love the colours. It matches very well and it brings out the warm, love and comfortable feelings to those who look at it. Very proud of you, G.

    ReplyDelete